St. Helen’s Anglican Church West Point Grey in Vancouver, BC is seeking a skilled, creative and experienced Music Director to join our energetic staff team. The successful applicant will be:
- a strong pianist, organist, and conductor (strong vocal skills will be an asset)
- Skilled and experienced in leading and accompanying a choir
- A strong leader and organizer
- Knowledgeable and experienced in planning and leading Anglican liturgy and music
- Comfortable in a range of musical styles including classical choral music, gospel, folk and world music, and more contemporary styles
- Comfortable collaborating with our staff team.
Job Responsibilities: 10 hours per week. Prepare music for all worship services, support congregational singing, direct and accompany SATB choir. Work with the Rector in planning music for services. Funerals and weddings are over and above the weekly 10 hours and remunerated accordingly.
- Steinway Grand Piano 7’
- Moller direct action hybrid pipe organ
- 24 channel mixing board, monitors, microphones, etc.
In 2012 as part of our Centennial celebrations we installed an oak floor in the Chancel and made all Chancel furniture and rails moveable. This greatly improved the acoustic and created a wonderfully attractive and flexible space for both liturgy and performance. It has also made St. Helen’s much sought after as a performance venue for choirs, chamber musicians, and music festivals. In short, an excellent base of operations for an active professional music director and conductor.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Music or equivalent training/experience
Applicants are asked to submit a resume and covering letter outlining your qualifications for this position to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org